Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Repeat

I feel like the only real residue I have from my treatment is that my eyelashes still fall out. I am hoping to be out of this cycle in about a year, but who knows. I am at the end (beginning) of a cycle right now. I can tell they are about to fall out cause my lash-line itches really bad. Then I obsess about pulling them out. Its like a contest to see how many I can get out in one pinch. Nik tells me I need to stop, but I figure, they are falling out anyway, might as well shorten the awkward thinning stage. I don't think I look nearly as pretty when they are short though. I can't wait to get them back.

Oh, and speaking of eye lashes, my mom has been using a product like the ones advertised on TV, called LA Lash, and it is freaking amazing! She looks like a Disney princess with her lashes that get caught in her bangs. She is asked all the time if she gets the lash extensions, and she says, "nope, they are all mine!" She may or may not tell that they are "enhanced".

Sheesh! It's not fair! She told me I should do it too, but at $75 a tube (and that is the stylists price) I don't know if its worth it. Well, except that she has been using it for more than 3 months. Maybe it is. Maybe I can talk her into buying me one....Love you Mom!

******

I mentioned to a friend at work today that I had never had stitches. Then I realized that that is a completely false statement. I have had lots of stitches. Just none from injuries. :) When I had my gallbladder out 2 years ago (like next week) I was so sad that I was going to have noticeable scars, and that I could no longer say that I had never had stitches. Then the scars were small, and covered by my shirt like 99.9% of the time, so I got over it quickly. Then about a month later I was diagnosed with cancer and less than two weeks after that had a surgical biopsy, then the next week another one. Then a week later had a port put in. Then taken out 6 months later. I don't even know how many stitches I have had, and I am no longer worried about my visible gallbladder scars! My largest scar is just enough over my shirts neckline that it is almost never hidden. I don't really think about it anymore, but since I was working while it was still red and raw I got in the habit of holding my hand over my bare neck and collar bone to hide it. A habit I still have. I will catch myself doing it when I don't feel comfortable where I am, or if I am upset about something. Like playing with a strand of hair, or chewing on your tongue.

*****

This might be a little TMI considering I am pretty sure you don't REALLY care what's going on now that I am out of harms way. But I am still having digestive problems. Its hit and miss with what happens, but I can't get a schedule figured out! Changing my birth control helped, but it wasn't a solution. My doctor even thought I might have Celiac's because of all my issues. Luckily that came back negative. If anyone has any suggestions on getting this taken care of, I am open.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Man! I'm sorry that your stomach is still giving you fits! I thought that was taken care of! I wish I did have any suggestions for you. I didn't know that lash stuff was so expensive. I've seen commercials for some that you paint on the lash line, but I thought it was cheaper than that.

    And just FYI, we know you are done with treatments, but that doesn't mean we no longer care about how you are doing. Love ya, Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have noticed I still have some symptoms. I dont' know why that is. I wonder if some of them we will have for life. I still have MAJOR night sweats, and I sweat again in teh day time now. My legs still itch. I still have issues with food sometimes, but I've realized it happens when i'm worried or nervous about something. Change is a big on for me that triggers it. I know my cancer was the reason before, but I know I can still have the issues when I'm stressed or scared. It is so annoying and stressful to worry about what is going on with our bodies and why. Eyelashes- QUIT TOUCHING THEM. Mine did that too- until I stopped touching them. If you keep pulling them out- they will always be loose, and they'll just keep falling out! Leave them alone! I didn't wear mascara for awhile because that would pull them out too. Now they are fine. BUT i will admit- that if I play with them they fall otu really easily. So STOP TOUCHING THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the scar, I do understand what you meant.. But let's be proud ourselves, we did a great job^^ I also could feel my scar every time I touch or comb/brush my hair.. or when I got very short hair! ( I can't do that anymore =p )
    Hope your stomach will get better .. Take care!

    ReplyDelete