Friday, August 21, 2009

A couple months ago Nik and I went to a movie with some friends and we took along my little (well, younger) brother Jeff. We got there early enough that the previews had not started and there were some of those commercial things they play before hand. One came on where a lady was talking about how her mother had breast cancer and how hard it was for the family. Watching her go through everything, and helping out and all that, that is as if the whole family had cancer. The young men seated behind us, probably around 19 or 20 started making comments about how that was not true. The whole family OBVIOUSLY did not have cancer.

This went on for a few minutes and I could tell Jeff was getting agitated. He turned to me and said, "I want to turn around and punch those guys." I told him that it was ok, what they were saying, even if it was a little offensive. "They are right, though, the whole family probably does not have cancer." That did not seem satisfactory for Jeff, but he didn't say anything else about it.

Now, its true. Everyone who reads my blog does not have cancer. But you do not have to be diagnosed to be suffering right along with me. No, you don't get nauseous on treatments days, and your jaw does not hurt a couple days later, and thinking about treatment might not bring small panic attacks, but that does not mean that it is not hard on you too. I just wanted everyone to know that I know this is taking a toll on everyone involved, and to thank you all again for all the support and prayers and good vibes that have been sent my way. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

  1. hi lena! i just found you on here. 1) i love your new hair, 2) im so glad your results came back like they had hoped, and 3) i wish you all the very, very best.

    ReplyDelete