Thursday, September 17, 2009

Plagiarism

I have met some new "cancer friends" recently and in reading one of their blogs, I came across this paragraph that helps sum up what I feel about my situation.

"Last night I saw "My Sister's Keeper". I wondered how it would affect me. It made me grateful that Heavenly Father's plan for me is not to die, but to be cured. The plan for the girl in the movie, was to die. It wasn't in the plan for her to raise a family, and have kids. That is my plan though, the plan for me is to have cancer, fight through it, be cured, have a family and live. I'm so grateful that is the plan set up for me, that it is not in the works for me to die. Because that could have been the plan, it could have been the plan for me to die, and it's not, and I'm so grateful. I'll admit, that on my crappy days, I'd rather be in heaven than on earth, but I'm grateful that the plan isn't for me to always have crappy days, it isn't in the plan for me to have cancer for years, the plan is for me to only have it for this short amount of time that feels like a long time, and to be cured. I am so blessed."

I am grateful everyday that I am going to be ok. I know that I will get to grow older and raise a family with my amazing husband. I love that I have this knowledge. And it makes me feel even better to talk to people that also know this.

One new friend is at the very beginning of her journey. She has her CT scan today for staging. She is understandably nervous. Please pray for her. The other woman is like me and almost done. She has four more treatments, and I have three, so we will finish about the same time. She looks good bald. I really hope that is what I look like too. If I can get their permission, I will link their blogs to mine, so you can follow their progress as well. I wish them the best, and I hope it all works out.

3 comments:

  1. Another tear jerker! I'm thankful that the plan for you is to survive and raise a family. I'm thankful that you have such a wonderful husband to keep your spirits up and provide you with the blessings of the Priesthood. I'm thankful that you're my daughter and want you to know that I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All trials have purpose from Heavenly Father, to be stronger and be like HIM. Thank you for sharing a wonderful words, three more to go! ^0^/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of your help Lena. I don't mind if you link my blog. I hope that someday soon I can feel that way too and see the hope that you see. It will come ;).

    ReplyDelete