Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Post Chemo

Nik has been on my case to post again.  So here I am.  I am doing ok now.  The treatment was pretty easy, just lay in the chair and wait for it to be over.  I was pretty sleepy during the treatment because of the drugs they told me to take before I came.  So Nik says I slept for a good hour.  Which is good.  I like sleeping.  I was feeling pretty good (just a little unsteady from the meds still) right after the treatment, but I knew it could be getting worse as the day went on, so we hurried to the supermarket and back home.  And I was right.  I slept for another hour or so and then felt pretty crappy the rest of the night.  But I never threw up.  I was on both nausea meds but had not eaten since breakfast, which is not good.  So we made spaghetti for dinner and I had my noodles plain, like normal.  That made me feel a lot better, and I went to bed on another pill and slept great.   I woke up earlier than I wanted, so I am still pretty tired, but not enough to actually sleep.  Hopefully later.  Our house is a mess, so Nik and I are going to try and get some of if cleaned up for the rest of the week, since I go back to work tomorrow.  I am supposed to stay active, as much as I feel like it, so we are also going to go on another walk around our complex in search of the illusive ducks.

Over all, i am not 100%, but its not the end of the world.  I will let you know when it gets there.

Oh, and thanks in advance to Allison from work who volunteered to bring us dinner tonight.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling not completely crappy! Can I come bring you your present tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all th etreatments go as well. Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the first chemo session is "in the books", and the side effects were manageable for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that it wasn't a nightmare, that you're doing all right!

    ReplyDelete