Monday, April 6, 2009

In the beginning...

So here it is, the first post of my new blog, for my new life with cancer.

Mostly I am just tired. I am not nervous for the biopsy tomorrow, because it means that part of what is causing my most irritating pain will be gone. I am hoping that the doctor can take most of both nodes, that would probably lessen the pain, as well as how much chemo I have to do. And we all know how excited I am for the chemo.

Thank you to Annie, Christi and Kellee for telling me about all the medications, both prescription and over the counter, for nausea. It makes me have a little more hope that I won't just die with all the sickness. I suppose it would be to much to ask to get through it all with out throwing up once?

I thought of a small blessing yesterday, this could easily have been on my right side, and that would have presented a whole different set of problems. But I have realized today at work how much I rely on my left arm in the drive up. It is getting awkward.

I have only told a handful of my coworkers, but some of them eventually get to reading my blog, so I bet a few more know by the end of the week. Plus, I will have a bandage on my neck after tomorrow, so I will probably get some questions.

I think this is the first time since I was married that so many people have known my business. It is kind of weird. I mean, I want people to know, but at the same time, it is strange to have so many people talking about the same thing. Me. Oh well, I appreciate the support and the prayers, so I'm not complaining.

4 comments:

  1. I love you and I wish you all the luck tomorrow!! Please let us know how it goes. I have classes on T/H until 2 :( I guess I should have mentioned that. Any chance Friday or MWF next week works?? I'm sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you got an early appointment! Call me if you need anything on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lena . . . I finally caught up on the rest of the story. You are totally amazing. I love you very much. Please know that I will do anything you need.

    ReplyDelete