Thursday, April 9, 2009

Its a...mo-ped?

So, remember yesterday when I said that I was supposed to find out if it was a 'car' by the end of the day? Well turns out it is not as easy as they thought it would be to tell if it is a car or not. Maybe it has wheels, maybe it has a motor, maybe it has a windshield. Maybe its a bicycle. A skateboard. Who knows.

Sorry, here is how it went down. I finally got a call around 5 last from Dr. Hollingsed, my surgeon, and he said he had the results, but that they were a little hazy. There were some cells that indicated Hodgkin's Lymphoma, some that were just Node cells, and others that were just dead from being replaced so fast. So he is supposed to be meeting with the oncologist (the one I made the appointment with yesterday) to see what he says about the results. It should either be 1) Yes, this is definitive enough, I will treat her, 2) No, its not enough, I need a better sample -another biopsy, or 3) I don't think it is what you think it is (insert conversation from Princess Bride here).

So basically, I know nothing still. Hopefully more today. I like this doctor a lot, but I don't really want to see him a ton more times. So he better get this figured out soon!


Edited to add: Just heard from the Doc and it looks like another biopsy is in order. Bummer.

7 comments:

  1. total bummer. at least you don't hate your dr... And points for the princess bride insert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks. Let's hope it is a "I don't think it is what you think it is" type of situation and it turns out you just have a funky extra organ or something in your shoulder. . . don't look at me! I never went to med school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate knowing nothing and then the something stinks. Total bummer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with Talina! It's a good sign that it's not a huge red flag saying "I'm a Chevy" :) Maybe you just have a stupid roller skate attached to you, and it's not a car at all!

    And yes I'm sticking with my crap analogy! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that totally bites the big one. I'm officially done complaining about my life...

    If you need anything, anything at all, you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have to go through another biopsy. Our fam is thinking about you and Nik. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you every day. By birthday buddy. I hope that the next biopsy they can may a decision. Please let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete