Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stop it with the symptoms already!

So I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but at the first two appointments everyone kept asking if I had these same symptoms: Cough, dizziness, stomach problems (like I could tell), low-grade fever, fatigue. I had had none of them. I was perfectly healthy. So to speak.

Well, Saturday rolls around and I have them all! Even Jake D. in med school back east was asking these same questions. That is when I realized how crappy I felt that day. I even had a fever of 98.8. Worse when you know that my normal temp is around 97.1. They didn't last all day, but it did make for slow going in the afternoon.

Anyway, at the hospital yesterday they asked me the same questions, but this time I told them that I had had some of them but only once or twice. But this time the surgeon asked me if I had had night sweats. Well, now that you mention it, yes. I have woken up in the middle of the night burning up while Nik snuggles farther in the down comforter. Granted, I had been sleeping with a big sweat shirt on because I had to sleep farther up on my pillows to be able to lay with my shoulder flat. Nik says it was a combination of that and the fact that it has not been as cold this week, but I think it would not have been such a big difference so quickly.

So now I keep waking up like I am having hot flashes. I am SO not old enough for that! I hope that passes quickly, cause it is getting warmer and I can't sleep when it is hot. Maybe I will loose my hair and that will help. Wait, I take that back. No jinxing it even more. I want to keep my hair!

3 comments:

  1. We're only putting good things out in the universe now! You are a beautiful young woman and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful.. And Hot flashes would not be fun. Keep ice near by. You will keep your gorgeous hair. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny how sometimes you don't realize you are having symptoms until they are explained to you. I always feel like, "duh, of course I've had those! How could I miss it?" And I have enough hair to share, but let's go for keeping your own!

    ReplyDelete